Prom Tips I Wish I Would Have Known
Happy Friday, everyone!!
I’m so excited to share this Prom Lookbook that I shot with Luxy Hair! My Prom days may be long gone, but I wish so bad that I had an older sister to give me tips and tricks to look and feel my best for the big day! I’ve put together some key points for my beautiful followers who may be thinking about going to Prom!
- You don’t need to spend a lot of $$$ on a dress. Pricey doesn’t always make it better. Look here & here for cute prom dresses for less!
- Instead of spending weeks tanning for the big day, opt for a spray tan! Your older-self will thank you and it totally gives you an airbrushed look & makes your skin look amaze! I use the Versa Spa on a regular basis and love the natural results.
- If you dream of long hair but don’t have it naturally, then clip-in extensions are a great option! I am wearing my Luxies in this Prom look to add length + volume! I dreamed of having these extensions in highschool when my hair was short! I LOVE these extensions because you can curl/straighten them just like you do your real hair! They add a boost of confidence for big events and are so easy to works with! &&& you know I got a discount for my girls! Use code THECITYBLONDE for $5 OFF at checkout!:) I am wearing the 20″ Dirty Blonde Clip- In Extensions in this photo.
- Two words: Fake. Eyelashes. I swear they are what complete my look for big events. They instantly give you glamour and take your makeup look to the next level. I use House of Lashes – Iconic and actually swear by them. They aren’t cheap, but mine always last me 5+ wears! When applying, the secret is to let the glue dry for 45 seconds – 1 minute before applying them.
- Schedule a makeup appointment at MAC if you don’t like doing makeup! Your makeup application is free if you purchase any of the products used:)
- RELAX! I know Prom seems like the biggest deal in the world to you right now, but I promise you it isn’t. I cringe when I think about what a big deal it was to me that everything was perfect. Just think of it as one big party to have a great time with your friends! Don’t have a date? Who cares! It will just make you dance better to “Single Ladies.”
- Have fun:)
The Older Sister You Wish You Had
Dress: here | Hair Extensions: here | Rings: here